Powhow does not provide any built-in screen-sharing tools, however, it is easy to broadcast your screen or share a presentation via the Powhow classroom by downloading the free, add-on program, ManyCam.
Please follow these instructions:
- Go to this link and download the program- http://download.cnet.com/ManyCam/3000-2348_4-10593500.html?part=dl-&subj=dl&tag=button
- Once your download is complete, open the ManyCam program on your computer.
- On the video window that has a green box that says LIVE, click on the drop down arrow and select DESKTOP, then select FULL SCREEN. You should now be seeing your own screen.
- Once you have gotten familiar with this tool, log into your Studio and start your class.
- Click ALLOW on the Adobe Pop-up
- On the Video check at the beginning of class, above the screen, you’ll see a little camera that says SELECT CAM. Select your normal desktop webcam.
- Login to the classroom.
- When you are ready to share your screen, hover your mouse over your video image, click on the camera options and choose “MANYCAM VIRTUAL WEBCAM”.
You can change cameras at any time during your recording. The video will not be paused.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS:
ManyCam is not compatible with OSX 10.9 Mavericks.
If you are running OSX 10.6-10.8, you will need to run Safari in 32-bit mode to run ManyCam. Here's how:
- Quit Safari.
- Go to your applications folder.
- Right click Safari and click “Get Info”.
- Check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox.
- Close the window.
- Open Safari.