Here are 7 quick tips on Marketing Your Classes!
Plus... If you haven't signed up for an Instructor Marketing Workshop yet, please join us for a fun and informative session at http://www.powhow.com/classes/how-to-powhow
- Plan in Advance: Set up classes 2-3 weeks out and set your schedule to repeat! This allows plenty of time for your classes to fill up and makes it easier for the Powhow editorial team to feature you throughout the site, on facebook, and in our weekly featured class newsletters
- Messaging Frequency: Each class or week of classes should have its own promotional cycle. You should announce classes when they are created, a week before, and right before if there are any remaining seats. Stick to a schedule and always keep your content/promotions balanced as to not spam your audience.
- Promote & Keeping it Simple. Share the facts and emphasize the “what’s in it for me” for your clients. Clearly articulate the class goals, dates/times, and create demand by including the limited # of spots left.
- Know Your Audience: Understand what drives someone to take a class with you. Be able to articulate the benefits of live instruction but also consider what else the client may be looking for or could potentially get out of the experience. Don’t be shy about incentivizing your classes with free downloads, tips, books, recipes, supplies or more!
- Promotions: Make an introductory package for first timers and be wise about the promo codes you offer from then on. Make sure you're not working for free! Promo codes should be used solely to attract new clients and as a thank you to faithfull long-time clients.
- Amplifying Your Message. Ask your friends and family to try your first class! There's nothing like a few great testimonials and ratings to jump-start your studio. If someone you know has a blog, site or great social media presence, ask them to politely to help spread the word about your new offering. You can even create a custom promotional code for them to offer their readers.
- Figuring Out What Works?: Ask your Powhow account manager to help you analyze your page traffic. We can make suggestions of what marketing is and isn’t working. We love to help!