You’re the star of your Powhow profile page. Think of it as your storefront and the home of your brand. It’s the first place clients will come to learn who you are, what you teach, and when you teach it. Here are 6 easy tips for making a great first impression with your Powhow profile.
- Your Brand Name:
- Your Powhow Brand Name is how clients will find you so stick with the brand name you usually use; be it your full name, Facebook or YouTube username, or name of your business. This unique name will become the title of your Powhow profile will appear in its URL.
- Your Title:
- Having a title gives a person an air of authority. Since you are the authority on the topics you teach, dub yourself something. Your title describes who you are as a teacher. It should be fun, memorable, and descriptive!
Here are a few examples to get your wheels turning: Your Personal Cake Super Hero, Healthy Mama & Holistic Trainer, Raw Food Feaster, The Frugal Chef
- Bio, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Don’t be modest! Your bio should be a brief but glowing history of your accomplishments, your experience as a teacher, and your personal passions. Back up your bio with credentials and links to your work samples. Ask your previous clients to leave positive comments on your page.Make it abundantly clear that you’re the best person to teach this topic. Clients who read your bio should feel excited and confident to buy a class with you. Be professional, be approachable, and be yourself.
- Your cover picture is the first and largest thing people will see when they visit your page so upload an attractive, high resolution photo and make the most out of the space.
- Your picture should reflect your credibility and professionalism.
- Use a current, flattering headshot or a well-lit high quality example of your work.
- Keep clients attention by using different pictures for your profile, thumbnail, and each class.
- Your Intro Video:
- Give your clients a sneak preview of class by filming a 1 minute video to introduce yourself to the Powhow community. Post it (privately) on Youtube, and copy the code from the end of the video url into your Edit Profile tab. Clients can play your video by clicking on your main profile image.
- Staying Organized:
- Your Powhow classes appear on your profile in the order you create them. You can change their order on the “Manage Classes” tab. Sort them by importance, level, price, or topic.
- Your packages will automatically be featured at the bottom of your page. The first package listed on your packages tab will be featured right under your cover photo.
There you have it. An organized, professional looking profile that maintains your personal flair with have client eager to learn. Set a full schedule of classes and spread the word because you’re ready to go!