We think it's fantastic when instructors are already teaching on Skype. However, at Powhow our technology is different and designed specifically for teaching. Instructors using Skype is one of the reasons we had for starting Powhow - because we wanted to improve on the experience for both instructors and Clients.
First and foremost, our engineers are building a technology just for teaching. Our engineers understand that instructors like you need to have a high quality/effective class - high audio and high video quality, audio and video synching, camera switching, and class recording. Skype, on the other hand, is built for very general purposes like talking to friends and family.
As you also know, with your Powhow studio we give you all the tools to run your lessons - scheduling, client lists, payment. That way you're not coordinating all the aspects of a lesson on different places - emailing Clients for a time, checking paypal or the mail for payment, and confirming over text. Our tools are designed to help save you administration time, so you will have more time to teach. And finally, our tech support team covers every class so if you or any of your Clients ever have any technical issues, someone will be there to help you. That way, you can focus on being the best instructor, and not how to trouble shoot someone's web connection.
There is also no limit to class size. The quality will often on Skype can to degrade if you have more than 3 people at the same time.
You can see a partial list of the Powhow features below:
- Interact live with your clients in real time via webcam.
- Clients can see and hear each other, just like in a real classroom.
- Private and large group classes.
- Switch between multiple cameras for different angles.
- In classroom text chat.
- Instantly create a professional webpage for your brand to market your classes.
- Upload multiple high resolution pictures and feature your Class Schedule and Bio.
- Highlight Clients testimonials and class ratings.
- Accept all major Credit Cards and PayPal.
- Analyze your sales, repeat clients, and track your earnings with detailed reports and end of month statements.
- Easily create class times and repeating schedules.
- Create class packages and offer discounts on multiple classes.
- Reschedule, and have all your Clients notified automatically.
- Collect and respond to time requests from prospective clients all around the world.
- Build and track an email database of existing clients, followers, and prospective clients.
- Upload and download your client list as csv files.
- Easily share your classes to Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- Create custom coupon codes and discounts.
- Email your clients and respond to time requests directly from within your Powhow Studio.
- Standard: Email based support for you and your clients before and after class.
- Premium: Live, in-class-room support for you and your clients.